The Children’s Festival 2017 has been rescheduled, due to bad weather
before and on March 19 forced the cancellation of the planned event at
The festival’s founder, Thuat Van Nguyen, today announced that the 2017 festival will now be held
on Saturday 13
th of May at the same venue, First Fleet Park, The Rocks in Sydney.
It will be officially opened by the NSW Minister for Multiculturalism, Hon Ray Williams MP.
“We were naturally disappointed for the scores of children who had been preparing for the festival
for many weeks. However, the extra time available should allow us to make the event even better.
“This festival is something important for today’s world which is so divided by cultural and religious
difference. “On Saturday 13
th of May, children from over 30 groups will take to the stage to sing
and dance. Hundreds more will parade in national costume, accompanied by marching and drum
bands, and lion dancers.
“Children coming together in this way once a year, deliver an important lesson in harmony and
acceptance”, Mr Nguyen said.
Thuat Van Nguyen staged the first Multicultural Children's Festival in Bankstown in 1999.
“Over the years we have continued to grow and this year we are including indigenous children who
will dance and participate in creative activities. We have also invited children from recently-arrived
Syrian refugee families to introduce them to the amazing diversity of our society.
"There has probably never been a time when acceptance of difference was more important.
Children demonstrate welcome and acceptance much more easily than adults and our festival is
designed to bring all these children to together to mingle, share and to teach each other.
"Parents and children will know that they can talk to anyone, ask questions, and share their
knowledge and skills.
“I invite everyone, whatever your background, to join this fun-filled day that celebrates who and
what we are as a wonderfully successful and unique multicultural society”, he said.
The Multicultural Children’s Festival will take place in First Fleet Park close to Circular Quay with
non-stop entertainment performed by children between 11 am and 4 pm. This includes fun for
“under 5's” - jumping castle, kite making & flying, bamboo pole dance, animal farm, lion dance
workshop, and colouring-in…
The event is part of The City of Sydney’s Living in Harmony Festival 2017 and sponsored by
Multicultural NSW and other project partners.
For more information:
MARY’S LITTLE CHILDREN COMMUNITY
64 Carroll Crescent, Plumpton NSW 2761, Australia
ABN 23 282 447 079
Telefax #: +612 9675 4969
May 11, 2016
Dear Parishioners and Chaplaincy,
Greetings of Peace and Joy!
The last letter that I sent to you dated 26th of April asking to post in your parish bulletin regarding the Invitation to the Novena Masses and Feast of the Visitation of Mary(simultaneously Honouring the Lady of All Nations) will have slight changes.
This is to inform you that we still continue the same date of the scheduled Novena Masses but the Papal Nuncio will be coming earlier on the 29th of May at 10: 30 am Mass to celebrate the Feast of the Corpus Christi at St. Aidan's Catholic Church, Rooty Hill. If you don’t mind kindly put a little note of the changes that the Pontifical Mass will be at 10: 30am but no meals will be served as we will have the big celebration on the 31st of May at the same time.
On the 29th of May not much protocol will be given to anybody but a simple fellowship for the Papal Nuncio and associates of Mary's Little Children Community but you are still invited for the Eucharistic Celebration as well as on the 31st of May.
Thank you very much and God's blessings upon us always.
Rev Fr Roy D. Cabradilla, MLCC
Priest Responsible for MLCC Australia
Assistant Priest, St Aidan’s Catholic Church
MAS Presents is excited to announce that Australian YouTube superstar Jayden “JROD” Rodrigues will be heading to the Philippines for the first time from May 19-24.
Rodrigues is one of the most popular social media stars in Australia, with a massive 853,000 subscribers and 226 million views on YouTube, 98,000+ fans on Facebook and 19,000+ Instagram followers. He appeared onSilento’s global pop hit, “Watch Me” (Whip Nae Nae) music video.
The multi-talented dance choreographer, singer and actor is set to host the Elite International Dance Championship and conduct a promotional SM Mall Tour to meet and greet his legions of Filipino fans.
His ever-growing popularity continues to take him to greater heights. Last year, Rodrigues appeared on Silento’s global smash hit “Watch Me” (Whip Nae Nae) official music video, which received a staggering 800 million views. Rodrigues held the number one trending YouTube non-music video in the Philippines with his cover video of “Watch Me” (Whip Nae Nae), which got 80 million views worldwide. Two of his other dance videos, Jason Derulo’s Talk Dirty and Wiggle attracted 40 million and 18.8 million views respectively. Rodrigues made it on X-Factor Australia with his band NeWest last year. He is currently the international dance ambassador for Just Dance video game.
Catch him LIVE on May 21-22 at the Elite International Dance Championship together with World Supremacy Battlegrounds Hip Hop impresario Marco Selorio, and on May 23 at SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro and SM City Sta Mesa for dance workshops.
The Jayden Rodrigues Philippine Tour is brought to you by MAS Presents and proudly supported by Elite International, SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, Abby&Co, Bad Boy Flava, Coach & Kids, Think Tattoo Studio and VA Kreativ.
NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rod Stowe today issued a warning to accommodation providers in NSW about a credit card scam targeting their industry.
Mr Stowe said Fair Trading had today received a report from a Woronora member of the Caravan and Camping Industry Association caught in the scam.
It works like this: a so called customer contacted the caravan park via email to book 10 nights’ accommodation.
A quote was provided to the customer, who confirmed they would like to book.
The customer provided two credit card numbers via email and asked the park to charge each card 50 percent.
The first card transaction went through with no problems, however it was a stolen card.
The second card transaction was declined. The caravan park advised the customer of this.
The customer then advised she wanted to cancel the booking. She said her husband had died suddenly and she could not travel.
The caravan park advised they would cancel the booking and refund the money they had already paid minus a cancellation fee.
The customer confirmed this arrangement was suitable but asked the park to refund the amount to another credit card and/or account because the credit card was recently stolen.
The Park processed the refund to the credit card details provided.
The caravan park’s bank detected the scam because of the reported stolen credit card and the transaction to the account.
The bank advised the caravan park they were one of many caravan/holiday parks stung by the scam, including one at Fraser Island in Queensland.
Commissioner Stowe said the agency was committed to protecting business in the fight against scammers.
“Scammers are a scourge on society and all caravan, camping, tourist park and other accommodation providers should be alert to this particular scam,” he said. “Fair Trading is making enquiries about this scam.”
The Minister for Veterans’ Affairs and Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of ANZAC, the Hon Dan Tehan MP, today said arrangements were in place for the 2016 Anzac Day commemorations at Gallipoli and Villers-Bretonneux.
“The security of those attending is of course our main priority, and the Australian Government continues to work closely with our partner, the New Zealand Government, and our hosts, the French and Turkish Governments, to ensure the safety and well-being of visitors attending,” Mr Tehan said.
Australians attending commemorations in Turkey or France this year are reminded that there is no ballot system for attendance, but are advised to subscribe to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s smartraveller website for updates on security arrangements and register on the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website.
Australians attending the commemorations in Gallipoli will need to prepare for conditions on the peninsula, including taking enough food and water, preparing for extreme weather and allowing enough time to transit through security checkpoints.
“The Gallipoli Anzac Day Dawn Service is held in an isolated area within a national park which has no permanent infrastructure or shelter. Visitors are exposed to the elements for up to 24 hours and should prepare accordingly,” Mr Tehan said.
“Australians attending the services should allow plenty of time to pass through security screening points (which will be similar to airport style security measures). Turkish authorities are responsible for security at Anzac Day commemorations.”
Mr Tehan also reminded Australians that this year there will be a wreath laying ceremony at the Lone Pine Memorial at approximately 3.00 pm local time on 24 April.
“Visitors to the Gallipoli peninsula will be able to visit the Lone Pine Memorial on the 24th or 25th of April, and this year’s official service will be on the anniversary of the battle which is on the 6th August.”
On Anzac Day, 25 April, visitors to the Lone Pine Memorial will be able to place a memorial wooden cross or a poppy at the Memorial or on one of the 651 graves of Australian’s who are buried in the Lone Pine Cemetery. The wooden crosses and poppies will be available to visitors free of change.
Visitors to the Lone Pine Memorial Cemetery and Memorial will be able to listen to a historical talk which will occur every half-hour between 8.00 am until 11.00 am on 25 April.
Arrangements for the 2016 Anzac Day Dawn Service at the Australian National Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux are also finalised and after cold and wet weather there in 2015, Mr Tehan advised Australians to take necessary precautions.
“The weather in the Somme region on April can be close to freezing in the morning and hot in the afternoon, so visitors need to be well prepared. New security arrangements will be in place for 2016. Entering the site may take longer than in previous years, it’s a good idea to arrive in plenty of time,” Mr Tehan said.
The Anzac Day Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux will be conducted at 5.30 am local time, and a service will be held at 2.00 pm on the same day at the Commonwealth and French Monuments in the Bullecourt village centre.
Additional information of the commemorative services for Anzac Day in Turkey and France can be found at http://www.dva.gov.au/